- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups cooked rice, chilled
- In a large, heavy sauté pan or pot, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat Stir in the onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, season salt, salt and pepper, and cook until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil with the ground turkey and cook until the meat is browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the stock and bay leaves, and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil, and lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir thoroughly.
- Cook until the rice is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves and serve.