5 Tips for Sticking to Your Diet at a Social Event
Here are the best ways to stay on your diet, no matter the event:
- Never arrive hungry. Arriving at an event hungry will cause you to make horrible decisions on what to eat. The best approach is to eat before you go, like a snack or mini-meal that’s light, filling, and healthy(piece of fruit, salad, soup or low-fat yogurt).
- Don’t let people guilt you when you turn down certain foods. Remember what you put into your body is what you will get out of it so turning down some chips, bacon wrap hotdogs, or that meal with all of the gravy on it will only have you wish that you did not do it. Always be courteous and say, “No Thank you”.
- Avoid temptation. You know what you are working for or trying to achieve. Always ask for the skinny menu, it will have less calories with still a lot of flavor.
- Invite a healthy diet date. Attend your special event with someone who can support you in your healthy choices.
- Manage your overall calendar. Schedule in the diet-friendly moments for healthy eating and exercises that you need.
Always make conscious decisions when it comes to your health. Keep your outing eating in perspective.