Calories per serving: 291
1 heaping cup fresh raspberries
2 cups butternut squash, peeled and finely grated
1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1 cup ground almonds
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cocoa powder, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line the pan with parchment paper. A big square placed over the top is enough, if you then cut into each corner to make a neat pleat. It’s also a good idea to dot a tiny bit of oil on the base and sides to help the paper stick down
3. Add the eggs and sugar into a large bowl, and using a handheld or standing mixer, beat on medium-high speed 4 to 5 minutes, until pale, fluffy and quadrupled in size.
4. Add the grated butternut squash and the flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Beat until well incorporated. Pour half of this mixture into the prepared pan. Scatter the raspberries and chocolate chips over the top. Top with remaining batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until just cooked.
6. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes and garnish with sifted cocoa powder before serving