What’s Your Exercise Personality?
By Michele Bloomquist
Did you know your personality can help you choose a fitness routine that you’ll not only stick with, but actually enjoy? It’s true. So whether you hate to exercise or are active every day, this quiz can help you discover what types of activities you’ll enjoy most while getting the 30 minutes of movement at least five days a week that experts at the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and others recommend to keep weight in check and benefit your health — without loathing every minute of it. So what’s your exercise personality? Answer the following questions and find out! Remember, there are no “right” or “wrong” answers. Simply choose the answer that most closely matches how you feel.
1. When you have free time, you are most likely to:
- Catch up on things around the house.Use the time to unwind and relax.Go for a run, ride a bike, hike, or do something active.Watch or play competitive sports.
2. Which of the following would you find most motivating?
- A fitness plan that fits into your already busy day.A fitness plan that improves your health.A fitness plan that keeps you on the go.A fitness plan that taps into your competitive side.
3. Of the following, which type of exercise you would LEAST enjoy?
- Going to a gym and being stuck on a treadmill.Lifting weights until I am sore for days after.Slow, gentle stretching.Working out alone at home to a video.
4. When I was a child I liked to:
- Play house and make mud pies. Discover new things and use my imagination. Ride bikes, skate, or climb trees. Play tag, sports, and games with friends to see who would win.
5. Of the following, my biggest exercise barrier would be:
- Finding the time. Getting hot and sweaty. Getting bored. Staying challenged.
I took the test and I am The Health Exerciser!!! What is your health personality…if you want to find out your results check the link http://www.everydayhealth.com/quizzes/whats-your-exercise-personality.aspx?pos=1xid=nl_EverydayHealthDietandNutrition_20130613