Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 12 oz flank, skirt, or sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp chili sauce (we like sriracha)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, washed and dried, leaves separated
Heat the grill or grill pan over high heat for at least 5 minutes. Season the steak with salt and pepper and toss it on. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until it’s firm but yielding to the touch. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Combine the chili sauce, fish sauce, and juice of one lime in a small saucepan over low heat.
Slice the steak thinly (if it’s skirt or flank steak, be sure to cut against the grain) and drizzle half of the warm sauce over it. Set out the jalapeno and onion slices, cilantro, carrot, lettuce, and remaining lime wedges and sauce. Use the leaves like
tortillas to wrap up the steak slices with the other ingredients. (Save some lime and sauce to use on your wrap as you eat.)
Reference: Women’s Health