Here’s a fresh change from tuna salad, made colorful and healthy with the addition of vitamin C-rich bell peppers. Be sure to pick over the crab meat to remove any small bits of cartilage. If you like, use kitchen shears to snip the chives.
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 medium lemon
juiced (use 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoon mustard, Dijon
- 1 pounds crabmeat, jumbo lump, canned
- 1 medium pepper(s), red, bell
- 1 medium pepper(s), yellow, bell
- 1/4 cup(s) chives, fresh
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh
- peppercorns, black
freshly ground, to taste
- 8 cup(s) lettuce, mixed greens
baby greens preferred
- In a serving bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard. Fold in the crab meat, bell peppers, chives, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad greens among 4 salad bowls. Spoon the crab salad over the greens and serve.
Reference: South Beach Diet Recipe