Make over your backside with these lifting, toning, and shrinking butt exercises. Do two sets of each move you choose three times a week on nonconsecutive days
Targets gluteus maximus and hamstrings
- Lie facedown on floor with head on folded arms, squeezing a 1-pound dumbbell or rolled-up towel behind bent left knee, foot flexed. Tuck pelvis to flatten out low back.
- Lift bent left leg a few inches off floor; lower. Do 20 reps.
- Switch sides, repeat.
Bend and Extend
- Stand in front of chair, bend over and place left hand on seat, right forearm atop chair back; tuck pelvis and extend left leg behind you, foot flexed.
- Pulse left leg 10 times (lift and lower by 1 inch).
- Keeping left leg lifted, bend knee and then extend 10 times; then trace 5 clockwise and 5 counterclockwise circles with leg.
- Hold leg lift for 5 counts. Switch sides; repeat.
Targets glutei maximus, medius, and minimus, and hamstrings
- Lie faceup on floor with knees bent, feet flexed with heels on floor and arms by sides; step heels out so legs are slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Lift hips so body forms a line from rib cage to knees (bra line stays on floor). Lower. Do 10 reps.
- With hips lifted, sway hips from left to right as you squeeze glutes. Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
- With hips lifted, do 20 pulses
Reference: Fitness Magazine