Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
6 catfish filets
¾ cups non-fat Greek yogurt
¼ cups water
¾ cups pecans, crushed
1/3 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
1/3 cups parmigiano reggiano cheese, shredded
3 tbsp Creole or Cajun spice blend
1 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp lemon zest
½ tsp Chef Judson Todd Allen’s Chef Blend of All Natural All Purpose Habanero Hot Sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch sea salt
1. In a large mixing bowl combine your yogurt, water and Tobasco, whisk until consistency is thin (add additional water to thin out the mixture).
2. Place your catfish filets in the yogurt mixture; cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine your spice mixture, including the Cajun or Creole spice blend, onion powder and garlic powder.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine your crust mixture, including crushed pecans, parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture, parsley, fresh garlic and lemon zest.
5. Remove the catfish filets from yogurt mix; pat dry.
6. Place your filets on a large oiled dish or sheet tray; drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on each filet.
7. Sprinkle your spice mixture on each filet, then massage both sides of the filet with oil.
8. Top each filet with the crust mixture.
9. Place the filets in the oven at 475°F or low broil set. This high temperature will cause the filets to form a beautiful golden crust while keeping the fish moist. Keep an eye on the fish so they don’t burn. Cook for about 20-30 minutes.
10. Remove the filets from the oven and garnish with lemon wedges and fresh curly parsley.
From the kitchen of chef judsontoddallen.com/Recipe found on BlackDoctor.org