- 2 stemmed, seeded, and diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 stemmed, seeded, and diced habanero peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 carrot peeled
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- water from boiling carrot (used to reach desired consistency)
- Peel the carrot and put in a pot with heavily salted water, 2 garlic cloves, and onion. Boil until the carrot is very soft and can be broken apart with fork. Let cool completely, save the water.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the peppers and the remaining 2 garlic cloves. Cook and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients (except the carrot water for now) to a food processor and blend for a minute to combine. Taste and either add seeds for more heat, or sugar to tone down.
- Blend for another 5-7 minutes, adding more carrot water and/or vinegar to thin as needed. Keep blending until consistency is smooth and silky.
- Store in glass jar for up to a month.