1 stick light string cheese
¼ cup light or low-fat ricotta cheese
1 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan cheese topping
Salt and black pepper, optional
1 high-fiber pita
1 large egg
1 tbsp. precooked real crumbled bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Break string cheese into thirds and place in a blender or food processor, blending at high speed until shredded. (Or pull cheese into shreds and roughly chop.)
3. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, shredded string cheese and Parmesan. If you like, season with salt and pepper.
4. Lay pita on the baking sheet and spread with cheese mixture, leaving a ½-inch border. Bake until hot and lightly browned at the edges, 10-12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray over medium heat. Add egg and cook per your preference (we like it over-medium, about 2 minutes).
6. When pizza is out of the oven, sprinkle with bacon and top with the egg. Enjoy!
Entire recipe (1 serving): 353 calories, 13.5g fat, 903mg sodium, 34g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 29g protein
Recipe Note: if you exchange the bacon for turkey sausage it will cut the sodium down more than half and the calories will be lower and it will be much more healthier (not that I don’t love bacon but I love turkey more…lol)
Recipe courtesy of Hungry Girl