Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 1/2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- In the slow cooker, mix together soy sauce, molasses, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and turn a few times to coat well in the soy sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, turning the chicken about every hour to ensure even cooking.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the slow cooker, cut up into bite sized pieces, and set aside.
- Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and chicken stock until combined.
- Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling liquid and reduce to a simmer.
- Allow the sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes, then add the chicken to the pan.
- Toss to coat the chicken with the sauce, and let heat through.
- Serve over rice with vegetables.
Recipe adapted from The Comfort of Cooking