8 oz uncooked penne pasta
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 cups sliced onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Cook pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta; return to stockpot. Add cream; toss. Set aside.
- 3 Spray 12-inch sauté pan or skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp. With slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan to plate; set aside.
- 4 Add onions, salt and pepper to bacon drippings in pan; cook and stir 4 to 7 minutes or until translucent. Add mushrooms; cook 6 to 10 minutes longer or until browned and liquid evaporates. Add spinach and reserved pasta cooking water; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 5 Pour mushroom mixture over pasta; toss to coat. Pour into baking dish. Top evenly with both cheeses. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- 6 Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil; top with reserved bacon. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.
Healthy Tip: Buy Brown Rice Pasta (brand Lundberg), switch out pork bacon for Turkey bacon or loose bacon all together
Recipe courtesy of: bettycrocker.com