1. Believe that you’re great! Get a pen and paper, sit down, and list your assets. Write down everything you know about yourself that makes you special and unique. This might include your beautiful eyes, to your different talents, your achievements and even your goals and dreams. Analyze which ones you want to improve on or develop – and then make an effort to follow through and let yourself grow as a person.
2. Do YOU. Stop trying to be who others want you to be. Stop trying to earn love, acceptance and validation. Be the distinctive person you are. You are who you are, and it is important to know that you ARE enough. Yes, we can improve and grow, but we must allow our own uniqueness to always shine through.
3.Stop blaming yourself. Don’t make other peoples thoughts, feelings or actions about YOU. Don’t take responsibility (or blame yourself) for what another person may do, say or think. You are only responsible for your own thoughts, feelings, behaviors and choices, so don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
4. Be good to yourself. Practice healthy behaviors, and do things that bring you pleasure, peace, and joy. Eat right. Take your vitamins. Go to the doctor. Exercise. Laugh. Play. Read. Develop yourself. Do positive things to make yourself feel good, as opposed to succumbing to negative things like drugs and alcohol for a temporary, and often harmful, possibly even fatal, quick fix. Acknowledge and honor that you deserve and need to take care of yourself.
5. Stop comparing yourself to other people. One of the worst things we can do from a confidence standpoint is compare ourselves to others, especially when looking at something they may have that we don’t. Instead, OWN your talents and gifts. Nothing good comes from jealousy or envy. Instead, look deep inside and be proud of who YOU are and what you bring to the table that no one else does.
6. Adopt your own personal style. When you feel that you look good, you have natural confidence. So wear clothes and other accessories that makes you feel good. Own your style and be proud of it. Never force yourself to wear something that makes you feel uncomfortable.
7. Treat yourself like the special person you are. Give yourself the occasional bar of gourmet chocolate (wrapped in a nice red bow), or splurge on that extra-long massage you’ve been thinking about. Send yourself flowers (put “from a secret admirer” on the card if you’d like).
8. Write a mission statement. You were born for a reason. So what’s your mission? Why are you here? What does life want from you? Write down your thoughts on who you really are and are meant to be, and spend your time walking down the path you’ve set.
One last little tip to always remember: The only person who really decides what you’re worth is YOU…others simply follow your lead.
Article Courtesy of: http://blackdoctor.org/1404/how-to-feel-good-about-yourself/