Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1/2 of a heart of romaine, sliced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce,* such as Wing Time® brand
- 1 21 – gram wedge light blue cheese, such as Laughing Cow® brand, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 4 sticks
- Arrange romaine on a plate or in a bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl combine chopped chicken and wing sauce. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 40 to 50 seconds or until heated through. Spoon chicken mixture over romaine. Top with crumbled cheese and pepper. In a small bowl combine salad dressing and milk; drizzle over salad. Serve with celery sticks.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Read the nutritional facts on the labels of the Buffalo wing sauces available at your grocery store and choose the sauce that’s lowest in sodium.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 1
PER SERVING: 297 cal., 10 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 99 mg chol., 596 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (3 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 37 g pro.
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/recipe/hot-wing-salad