- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- In a medium bowl, stir together buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg slightly; stir in buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Add buttermilk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy. Stir in blueberries.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water sprinkled onto griddle dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Spread the batter into a circle that’s about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium heat until pancakes are brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1 to 2 minutes per side). Serve immediately or keep warm. Makes 6 (2-pancake) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 132 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 244 mg sodium, 22 g carb. (3 g fiber), 6 g pro.
Recipe Courtesy of: Diabetic living