- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or water
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. For pancakes, coat two 4-1/4-inch pie plates, 4-1/2-inch foil tart pans, or 10-ounce custard cups with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl use a rotary beater or whisk to beat egg product or egg, flour, milk, oil, and salt until smooth. Divide batter among prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until brown and puffy. Turn off oven; let stand in oven 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together marmalade and orange juice or water. Add banana and strawberries or blueberries; stir gently to coat. To serve, immediately after removing pancakes from oven, transfer to dinner plates. Spoon some of the fruit into center of each pancake. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 163 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 138 mg sodium, 26 g carb. (3 g fiber), 5 g pro.
Recipe courtesy of: Diabetic Living