- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces uncooked turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim or reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat four 8-ounce shallow ramekins or quiche dishes or one 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet cook turkey sausage, zucchini, and sweet pepper until turkey is cooked through and sweet pepper is just tender, using a wooden spoon to break up turkey as it cooks. In a medium bowl combine cooked turkey mixture and Parmesan cheese. Divide mixture among the prepared dishes or spoon into the pie plate. In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, and black pepper. Divide egg mixture evenly among the ramekins or pour into the pie plate. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake individual servings about 25 minutes or pie plate about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center(s) comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 151 cal., 5 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 25 mg chol., 588 mg sodium, 6 g carb. (1 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 18 g pro.
Recipe courtesy of: Diabetic Living