1 lb frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
1 (16 oz) package frozen broccoli florets
12 oz penne pasta, whole wheat
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In large skillet, saute garlic and onion in butter, oil and salt until tender.
- Add broccoli and cook on medium heat until heated (approximately 6 minutes).
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and broccoli is tender.
- Stir in pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
- Calories: 620
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 190g
- Carbohydrates: 71g
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org