- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 whole Limes, Juiced And Zested
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 whole Zucchini, Cut Into Slices Lengthwise
- 1 whole Yellow Squash, Cut Into Slices Lengthwise
- 2 ears Corn, Leaves And Silk Removed
- Olive Oil For Brushing
- Salt For Sprinkling
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Seasoned Black Beans
- 6 whole Burrito-sized whole wheat or spinach Tortillas
- 1 whole Small Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Salsa, Guacamole, Extra Cilantro, Hot Sauce
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and stir around for 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and the juice and zest of 1 lime. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the juice and zest from the remaining lime, then stir in the cilantro. Set aside.
Brush zucchini and squash slices, along with the ears of corn, with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill them on a grill pan, a charcoal grill, or saute them in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, turning them halfway through. Remove when the veggies have great color on the outside. Set aside to cool, then dice them.
Heat the beans in a small saucepan until hot.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
To assemble the burritos, lay out each tortilla on your work surface. Spoon on rice, then beans, then sprinkle on plenty of grilled veggies. Top with chopped onion, tomato, cheese, and any other toppings you’d like. Spoon salsa all across the top. Tuck in the sides, then roll the burrito up as tightly as you can. Cut in half and chow down!