In the words of Iyanla Vanzant…Trust is not about being comfortable. It is about being willing to move beyond your comfort zone when there is absolutely no evidence you will be supported. Think of it this way. Trust is based on your ability to stand your ground and rely on your own abilities, knowing that no matter what happens, you will be better off than you were in the beginning.
In the words of Iyanla Vanzant…. Rather than beating yourself up for what you are not doing, appreciate and celebrate the things you are doing. When you shift your focus away from what you do not want, you can create a vision for what you do. Don’t fight with yourself – focus on what you do, can do, choose to do, are ready to do.
Morning Inspiration… “The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ would take the slums out of people, and then they would take themselves out of the slums.
The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature.”
― Ezra Taft Benson
Morning Inspiration….“There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”
― Aldous Huxley
1. Believe that you’re great! Get a pen and paper, sit down, and list your assets. Write down everything you know about yourself that makes you special and unique. This might include your beautiful eyes, to your different talents, your achievements and even your goals and dreams. Analyze which ones you want to improve on or develop – and then make an effort to follow through and let yourself grow as a person.
2. Do YOU. Stop trying to be who others want you to be. Stop trying to earn love, acceptance and validation. Be the distinctive person you are. You are who you are, and it is important to know that you ARE enough. Yes, we can improve and grow, but we must allow our own uniqueness to always shine through.
3.Stop blaming yourself. Don’t make other peoples thoughts, feelings or actions about YOU. Don’t take responsibility (or blame yourself) for what another person may do, say or think. You are only responsible for your own thoughts, feelings, behaviors and choices, so don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
4. Be good to yourself. Practice healthy behaviors, and do things that bring you pleasure, peace, and joy. Eat right. Take your vitamins. Go to the doctor. Exercise. Laugh. Play. Read. Develop yourself. Do positive things to make yourself feel good, as opposed to succumbing to negative things like drugs and alcohol for a temporary, and often harmful, possibly even fatal, quick fix. Acknowledge and honor that you deserve and need to take care of yourself.
5. Stop comparing yourself to other people. One of the worst things we can do from a confidence standpoint is compare ourselves to others, especially when looking at something they may have that we don’t. Instead, OWN your talents and gifts. Nothing good comes from jealousy or envy. Instead, look deep inside and be proud of who YOU are and what you bring to the table that no one else does.
6. Adopt your own personal style. When you feel that you look good, you have natural confidence. So wear clothes and other accessories that makes you feel good. Own your style and be proud of it. Never force yourself to wear something that makes you feel uncomfortable.
7. Treat yourself like the special person you are. Give yourself the occasional bar of gourmet chocolate (wrapped in a nice red bow), or splurge on that extra-long massage you’ve been thinking about. Send yourself flowers (put “from a secret admirer” on the card if you’d like).
8. Write a mission statement. You were born for a reason. So what’s your mission? Why are you here? What does life want from you? Write down your thoughts on who you really are and are meant to be, and spend your time walking down the path you’ve set.
One last little tip to always remember: The only person who really decides what you’re worth is YOU…others simply follow your lead.
Article Courtesy of: http://blackdoctor.org/1404/how-to-feel-good-about-yourself/
Morning Inspiration…..This year is going to be so amazing. God is working on me and my relationships. All my life I have wanted to be the whole enchilada living up to this super woman fantasy well it hit me that I don’t need to be all that I can just be me and stop being afraid of showing vulnerability…I just want to live love and grow